Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    zen101

Spanish – Discover And Share Your Heritage Here

Public Group  |  active 3 years, 3 months ago ago

In this Group and Forum all People of Spanish, Indo-European and Romance heritages may connect to tell their stories, share their amazing culture and history as well as discover and connect with those who share their common bonds.

Note: Please inform Admin by submitting a ticket if there are any misspellings of any cultural, heritage or ethnic name in our title or description. We appreciate your considerations, thank you!

Share How To Find Missing Realtives

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Valeria Valeria 3 years, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Carla

Carla

said

Hi, I’m Carla and I want this thread to be about everyone sharing all the ways they have found to find their ancestors.

I get emails from the heritage source will great things in them as I’m sure all of you do too. Their resources have helped me a lot.

I just wanted to contribute here too and give you one that I have found myself to help find more relatives. This is a free public records search site: http://www.brbpub.com/free-public-records

Give it a try, I found my cousins side of the family with it, maybe it will work for you too.
My family came from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico and I was born here in the USA. They came here for a better life but had to leave all their things behind. So now it is hard to find any records of anything.

My great, great grandfather Miguel came from Spain to Mexico and got married to my great, great grandmother Eloxochitl who was of Aztec blood.

I’m also wanting to talk with anyone who has Aztec – Spaniard bloodlines too.

Let’s make this a great thread.

Thanks!

November 11, 2014 at 5:30 pm
Profile photo of Valeria

Valeria

said

Hey everyone, glad to be here, hi!

My family came to the USA about 3 generations ago from Madrid Spain. My family was always into the manufacturing of leather products, boots and saddles for generations, but now mostly boots after the invention of the iron horse. Horses aren’t exactly a staple of travel anymore.

I have a bunch of family that moved to Montevideo, Uruguay after the Guerra Grande (Great war) which was Uruguay’s civil war which ended in 1851. So, if anybody has relatives also in Uruguay and especially Montevideo feel free to share your info too.

Anyone whose family was in Madrid in the early 1800’s and especially in the leather business, let me know and let’s see how close we are.

If anyone has also any hard to find information on Madrid before 1851 and Uruguay after 1851 that would be great too.

Valeria Alamilla

November 11, 2014 at 6:20 pm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Steve Blair
Profile picture of Flip Jupiter
Profile picture of Sarawut
Profile picture of clariebing
Profile picture of Mundial Motos GP
Profile picture of cherki
Profile picture of lyla rose
Profile picture of alvarog
Profile picture of Wirote
Profile picture of Lola Gonzalez