Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    zen101

Portuguese – Discover And Share Your Heritage Here

Public Group  |  active 3 years, 3 months ago ago

In this Group and Forum all People of Portuguese, Indo-European Romance heritages may connect to tell their stories, share their amazing culture and history as well as discover and connect with those who share their common bonds.

Note: Please inform Admin by submitting a ticket if there are any misspellings of any cultural, heritage or ethnic name in our title or description. We appreciate your considerations, thank you!

Share Ways To Find Your Family And About Your Story

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Davi Davi 3 years, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Doroteia

Doroteia

said

Hi, I am Doroteia Ferra. I’m here now for four years and I have relatives here in the USA and am needing to find them.

I would like to introduce myself with the contribution. Here is the list, the biggest one of that I know for the list of Ports that all immigration goes through for the whole U.S.

It says only from the 1820 until 1957, but most of them did not change even until now.
Here it is: http://www.genesearch.com/ports.html

For anyone with more the good places to find the relatives, please put them here on this thread.

This thread is for all the sharing and the helping.

Great day!

November 13, 2014 at 8:49 pm
Profile photo of Davi

Davi

said

Hi, I am Davi.

Good to meet you. my family has been here in the U.S. for about 50 years now and I was born here so maybe I can help with finding people in the U.S. and maybe you have some connections in Portugal?

This would be great.

Here is a tip that has helped me. When you are searching a database that you think should give you a good result but it didn’t switch the 1st and last names of your relative around. Put the last name 1st and the 1st name last.
The reason is that many databases store them this way.

One good resource is this: http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org
Thay have great old records that can really help.

Let’s everybody work together and we will all do so much more.

Davi

November 13, 2014 at 9:14 pm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Steve Blair
Profile picture of Flip Jupiter
Profile picture of Sarawut
Profile picture of clariebing
Profile picture of Mundial Motos GP
Profile picture of cherki
Profile picture of lyla rose
Profile picture of alvarog
Profile picture of Wirote
Profile picture of Lola Gonzalez