Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    jennaw

Heritage Researcher Stories

Public Group  |  active 3 years, 3 months ago ago

Tell your favorite stories from researching your heritage.

They can be your family stories, your personal stories or stories if what you had to go through in your heritage research.

We’ve all got some great ones and this is your place for them!

A Funny Heritage Story

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of benrothings benrothings 3 years, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of jennaw

jennaw

said

Well, if at first you don’t succeed search, search and search again. That is why they call it re-search after all.

This is short and sweet but I couldn’t stop laughing on the way home.

I was at the public library doing deeds research to see if any of my family had held land outside what is now the county. Years ago this county didn’t exist. So, there was a good chance that I might hit pay dirt.

Well, I hadn’t slept that much the night before and was dozing off in my chair at the reading area table. My head back so my face was pointing towards the overhead lighting.

The Librarian came by and touched me on the shoulder and asked “sleeping are we?”.

To which I answered without even opening my eyes “No, I have your microfilm attached to my eyelids”.

October 30, 2014 at 1:33 am
Profile photo of benrothings

benrothings

said

Hi Jenna W, your story reminds me of when i was in a public library and this guy gets up and just starts singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Yeah, it was nuts.

He was sitting directly across from me and down, maybe 3 chairs. He’s well dressed and just reading an American history book.

Well, it must have been pretty inspiring because he stood up and started singing.

Not to be looked upon as Un-American I started singing too.

Within a few seconds I could hear several more people singing. When we finished, they asked him to leave I think because they took him over to the side and I never saw him again.

But I’ll be he felt it was totally worth it.

October 30, 2014 at 8:21 pm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Steve Blair
Profile picture of Flip Jupiter
Profile picture of Sarawut
Profile picture of clariebing
Profile picture of Mundial Motos GP
Profile picture of cherki
Profile picture of lyla rose
Profile picture of alvarog
Profile picture of Wirote
Profile picture of Lola Gonzalez